ARCHITECTURE FAIR 2016 “The World Without Us”
Date : 27 – 31 January 2015
Place : Grand Indonesia Mall Sudirman, Central Jakarta / National Gallery Jakarta*
AFAIR is an annual open house event held by Architecture Student Council and Department of Architecture, Universitas Indonesia as a chance to present the students’ competency in creating something as a respond to an issue which will be transformed into a form of architectural communication to the society, academicians, and professional. This 6th AFAIR is a part of Golden Anniversary of Department of Architecture Engineering Faculty Universitas Indonesia big architectural event, consist of public installation display, lecture, workshop, competition, and exhibition as a series of AFAIR event.
Without knowing it, architecture has always been inseparable from human lives. Every single time we do survival, we do architecture. Unfortunately, not everyone understand the real meaning of architecture, therefore the existence of architecture as something that should be sensible, has turned to be something insensible. Also, instead of improving human lives, the act of doing architecture now destroys.
Through AFAIR 2016, Department of Architecture UI wants to show the crucial role of an ‘architect’ (Us) in harmonizing the human needs with the limited natural resources, and to persuade the society to understand how architecture should support the sustainability of human lives.
- Exhibition Content
- AFAIR UI 2016 exhibits the best works of the students of Architecture and Interior Architecture UI that have the superiority in harmonizing ideas, human needs, and its environments. These works will give the real picture of architecture to society and will be visualized in the form of exhibition design.
- Exhibition Design
- We see that exhibitions now have lost their meanings to the point where we can no longer sense the actual purpose of the exhibitions. We want to bring back the real meaning of exhibition with a unique way. Besides displays, mock-ups, installations, and various visualizations, we will present the content through an exhibition concept that supports the grand theme of AFAIR UI 2016, which is by overcoming the insensibility problem with the insensibility itself.
- AFAIR UI 2016 Design Competition participated by worldwide university students. The theme is “How to Think Like A Spaceman with Limited Supply”to challenge the participants to create a conscious architecture design with all the understanding and its impact to the environments.This very exciting competition will urge the participants to create a concept design as a solution to face ‘The World of The Day’ with limited supply (site, material, resources) as its constraints, sensible of the situation and overcome it by evoking our senses from the insensible circumstances.
SERIES OF EVENT
- Activity : Public Installation Display
- Time : September 6th , 2015 and January 10th , 2016
- Place : Bundaran HI (Car Free Day) / Kota Tua Jakarta
- Pre Event
- Activity : Lecture and Workshop
- Speaker : Architecture Academician, and Professional architect
- Time : September 19th 2015
- Place : Auditorium K.301 Faculty of Engineering, Universitas Indonesia
- Activity : “How to Think Like A Spaceman with Limited Supply”
- design competition
- Time : 19th August 2015 – Main Event
- Main Event
- Activity : Exhibition, Talk show, and Competition Finalist Presentation.
- Time : January 27th-31st 2016
- Place : Grand Indonesia Mall Sudirman, Central Jakarta / National Gallery Jakarta*
*to be confirmed
More Information :
- Web : afairui.id
- Official Line : @afairui
- Twitter : @afairui
- Instagram : afairui
- Facebook : Architecture UI Fair
This Event Full Supported by EVENTJAKARTA